February 24, 2011

Star Trek: "The Devil in the Dark"



Data
Title: Star Trek“The Devil in the Dark”
Year: 1967
Network: NBC
Episode: the twenty-fifth (of twenty-nine) from season one; 50 minutes
Creator: Gene Roddenberry
Director: Joseph Pevney
Writer: Gene L. Coon
Starring: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Ken Lynch
Music: Alexander Courage
I saw it: on video and TV several times, most recently yesterday (have on DVD)
Synopsis: a space monster in a space mine

My reaction
Concept:3/4 (Good) Bonus points for being the basis for about half the Doctor Who episodes made in the 70s.
Story:3/4 (Good)
Characters:2/4 (Indifferent)
Dialog:2/4 (Indifferent)
Pacing:4/4 (Great)
Cinematography:2/4 (Indifferent)
Special effects/design:4/4 (Great)
Acting:1/4 (Bad)
Music:4/4 (Great)
Subjective Rating: 9/10 (One of my favorites, 4/4 (Great)). I don't know why I love this episode, but I do.
Objective Rating (Average):2.9/4 (Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment