February 12, 2011

Rabbit Hole

Data
Title: Rabbit Hole
Year: 2010
Length: 91 minutes
Director: John Cameron Mitchell
Writer: David Lindsay-Abaire, based on his play
Starring: Nicole Kidman, Aaron Eckhart, Dianne Wiest, Miles Teller, Tammy Blanchard, Sandra Oh
Music: Anton Sanko (and non-original music)
Oscars: nomination for Best Actress (Kidman)
I saw it: in the theater, yesterday
Synopsis: a housewife is upset because her four-year-old son died

My reaction
Concept:1/4 (Bad)
Story:2/4 (Indifferent) Not exactly a plot-heavy type of movie.
Characters:4/4 (Great) They're hard to like, but still manage to be sympathetic (and I am one of the last people who would relate to them and/or their situation).
Dialog:4/4 (Great)
Pacing:2/4 (Indifferent)
Cinematography:2/4 (Indifferent)
Special effects/design:3/4 (Good)
Acting:4/4 (Great) Although, I have to say that Eckhart is in that Tom Cruise class of actors, where no matter what he does, he's always going to come across to me as a total prick.
Music:3/4 (Good)
Subjective Rating: 6/10 (Okay, 2/4 (Indifferent)). Rich people coping with grief: why did I even watch this movie? Turns out I actually enjoyed it a little. Not much - I mean, at it's best it's depressing - but it's all right. Great writing.
Objective Rating (Average):2.7/4 (Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment