March 27, 2010

no movie tonight

I feel the need to complain about this.

We happened to be in the nearest city big enough to have shopping centers today, and I thought, "Hey, why don't we check out the big shiny multiplex and see a bad movie."  I knew there wasn't anything good playing, but I figured it might be fun to see one of the million lame action movies that always seem to be playing but I never pay attention to, or something like that.

The theater has ten screens.  One screen is Alice in Wonderland in 3D.  Okay, seeing a bad movie is one thing, but paying extra to have it stab me in the eyeballs is a bit much.  Three screens are 2nd-run movies at full price (Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel, The Blindside and Avatar).  Two screens are chick-flick romances (Remember Me and Valentines Day).  Two screens are How to Train Your Dragon (no thanks, just watching the previews makes me feel a little embarrassed for Dreamworks).  Then there's Percy Jackson and the Long Title and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  Okay, that last one might be an okay movie, but I was too annoyed to really consider it.  I mean, what the hell kind of multiplex doesn't have a single movie (except for one that's been out for three months) that an adult male would possibly want to see?  What the hell?  What the hell is going on here?

No comments:

Post a Comment