October 30, 2009

awesome people part 2

Here are a few random people who happen to be awesome. I’m just saying.

Stanley Kubrick
Evidence:
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, 1964 (director/co-writer)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey, 1968 (director/co-writer)
- A Clockwork Orange, 1971 (director/writer)

John Ratzenberger
Evidence:
- Cheers, 1982-1993 (Cliff Claven)
- Every single Pixar feature, 1995-? (Hamm/P.T. Flea/The Abominable Snow Man/Fish School/Underminer/Mack/Mustafa/John/Construction Foreman Tom)

James Stewart
Evidence:
- It's a Wonderful Life, 1946 (George Bailey)
- Harvey, 1950 (Elwood P. Dowd)
- Anatomy of a Murder, 1959 (Paul Biegler)

Tim Curry
Evidence:
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, 1975 (Dr. Frank-N-Furter)
- Legend, 1985 (Darkness)
- Clue, 1985 (Wadsworth)
- Muppets Treasure Island, 1996 (Long John Silver)

Truman Capote
Evidence:
- Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961 (original novel)
- In Cold Blood, 1967 (original novel)

2 comments:

  1. Kubrick is a genius. I still can't put my finger on whether or not I like "A Clockwork Orange." The subject matter is so...I don't even know what to call it. What exactly is it saying? What is its message? Does it even have one? Apart from those lingering questions you can't deny that it's an amazingly well-made movie. The direction and construction of the film is almost perfect. Such an enigma...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually been a really long time since I've seen Clockwork Orange. I kind of wonder how much of my positive memory of it is due to having seen it back when I hadn't seen any other movies like it. Then again, maybe there aren't any other movies like it...

    ReplyDelete