June 12, 2009

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Title: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Year: 2008
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writer: David Koepp; story by George Lucas & Jeff Nathanson; characters by Lucas & Philip Kaufman
Starring: Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Shia LaBeouf, Ray Winstone, John Hurt
Music: John Williams
Length: 122 minutes
Synopsis: Indiana Jones gets a new sidekick, and some weird stuff happens around them
How I saw it: in the theater, May 2008
Subjective Rating: 6/10 (Okay).
Objective Rating: 4/10 (gets points for characters, pacing, acting and subjective rating) c. 2.1/4 (Okay).

Disappointing all around, but fun enough to be entertaining. The plot doesn't make any sense, and isn't affected by anything the heroes do. I only give it a point for characters because of John Hurt's performance. I'm shocked to see that Williams did the score himself; there isn't a single moment  where the music adds anything. The more I've thought about it, the more I've hated this movie. I'm sure my rating would plummet drastically if I were to re-watch it (not that that is something I could ever see myself doing).

No comments:

Post a Comment