February 13, 2011

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix



Data
Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Year: 2007
Length: 138 minutes
Director: David Yates
Writer: Michael Goldenberg, based on the book by J.K. Rowling
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson
Music: Nicholas Hooper
I saw it: in the theater, 2007; on video several times (have on DVD), most recently yesterday
Synopsis: an ultra-conservative government overseer takes over a magical boarding school

My reaction
Concept:2/4 (Indifferent)
Story:3/4 (Good)
Characters:1/4 (Bad)
Dialog:1/4 (Bad)
Pacing:2/4 (Indifferent)
Cinematography:3/4 (Good)
Special effects/design:3/4 (Good) Great design, bad special effects.
Acting:3/4 (Good)
Music:3/4 (Good)
Subjective Rating: 7/10 (Good, 3/4 (Good)). I loved this one when I first saw it (maybe because part four had my expectations so low), but like it less every time I see it. The villain is crappy, and there's lots of corny dialog. But this is also where the series finally stops holding back with the scope of the story, which is pretty exciting.
Objective Rating (Average):2.4/4 (Okay)

No comments:

Post a Comment