October 7, 2010

A Bit of Fry & Laurie: Season Two

Data
Title: A Bit of Fry & Laurie: Season Two
Year: 1990
Network: BBC
Episodes: 6, at about a half hour each
Creators: Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie
Director: Roger Ordish
Writers: Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie
Starring: Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie
Music: Philip Pope (theme)

My reaction
Synopsis: sketch comedy
How I saw it: online (streaming from Netflix), over the past few days
Concept: Good.
Story: n/a
Characters: Indifferent.
Dialog: Great.
Pacing: Good.
Cinematography: Indifferent.
Special effects/design: Good.
Acting: Good.
Music: Good.
Subjective Rating: 7/10 (Good). Not half as funny as season one (although I should point out that that still allows for it to be much funnier than most sketch comedy).   I'm not sure if they've run out of steam, or if I just have higher expectations.  Maybe a little of both.
Objective Rating: 2.9/4 (Good).

No comments:

Post a Comment