April 9, 2010

First Blood



Data
Title: First Blood
Year: 1982
Length: 93 minutes
Director: Ted Kotcheff
Writers: Michael Kozoll, William Sackheim & Sylvester Stallone, based on the novel by David Morrell
Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Richard Crenna, Brian Dennehy
Music: Jerry Goldsmith

My reaction
Synopsis: small town cops give a Vietnam vet a hard time, and he fights back
How I saw it: on video many times (have on DVD); most recently, yesterday
Concept: Good.
Story: Great.
Characters: Great.
Dialog: Bad.
Pacing: Great.
Cinematography: Good.
Special effects/design: Good. It would be great, but I figured this is the right place to take points off for the inexplicable changes between night and day.
Acting: Indifferent. Mostly good, but there's enough bad acting here and there to take it down a point.
Music: Good. Great score, but I can't give full points for music when there's such a terrible song over the credits.
Subjective Rating: 9/10 (One of my favorites). But don't talk to me about the sequels. It's like the people who made those things never even saw this movie.
Objective Rating: 3.1/4 3.2/4 (Very good).

No comments:

Post a Comment