December 21, 2009

housekeeping post: fiddling with objective ratings again

I made a minor change to my "objective ratings" system.  Yes, I know, I just overhauled them a few months ago.  They still work essentially the same - I'm still giving each aspect of the movie a score of "great," "good," "indifferent," "bad," or "terrible," and averaging those - but I'm no longer going to force it into a 10-point scale.  It never really made sense to do that in the first place, and this seems much less arbitrary.  And, most importantly, it will get rid of the confusion of having a different 10-point scale for the subjective and objective ratings.  So now objective ratings will be out of four, not ten, because they've really always been that way but just on a distorted scale.  Subjective ratings remain unchanged.

Have no idea what I'm talking about?  That is because my old system was confusing.  The About page explains the new system, and I think it's clear and simple.  If you want an explanation of the old system, you're out of luck, because I don't think I ever really managed to explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment