August 30, 2009

Inglourious Basterds

Title: Inglourious Basterds
Year: 2009
Director: Quentin Tarantino
Writer: Quentin Tarantino
Starring: Brad Pitt, Mélanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Eli Roth
Music: non-original music
Length: 153 minutes
Synopsis: "once upon a time in Nazi occupied France"
How I saw it: in the theater, yesterday
Subjective Rating: 9/10 (One of my favorites)
Objective Rating: 10/10 c. 4/4 (Great)

One hell of a movie. Not my favorite Tarantino movie (I'm a big fan of Kill Bill), but certainly his best. I'm giving it a 9 instead of a 10 probably just because I've only seen it once; I expect it will grow on me in the future, but it's hard to tell what to make of it at this point.  Except that it kicks ass.

4 comments:

  1. It definitely kicks ass. Such a good movie. The best of 2009 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://cyberboris.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/inglourious-basterds-2/#comments

    If Quentin every made a film of British politics, Blair, Ali C and Brown were be perfect casting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You appear to be speaking English, but I do not know what any of your words mean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are in the US, it probably is Greek to you. I am referring to members of our Labour government and their evil spin doctors. Quentin will probably do well at Oscar time, but my favourite movies up for awards are The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man and A Single Man. I preferred all of these to the Tarentino, and also to Avatar.

    ReplyDelete