April 4, 2011

The Sword in the Stone



Data
Title: The Sword in the Stone
Year: 1963
Length: 79 minutes
Director: Wolfgang Reitherman
Writer: Bill Peet, based on the book by T.H. White
Starring: Sebastian Cabot, Karl Swenson, Rickie Sorensen, Junius Matthews
Music: George Bruns (score); Richard M. Sherman & Robert B. Sherman (songs)
Oscars: nomination for Best Score (Adapted)
I saw it: on video many times, most recently yesterday (have on DVD)
Synopsis: a wizard educates a seemingly unimportant boy



My reaction
Concept:4/4 (Great)
Story:3/4 (Good)
Characters:3/4 (Good)
Dialog:4/4 (Great)
Pacing:4/4 (Great)
Cinematography:3/4 (Good)
Special effects/design:3/4 (Good) I've got to take a point off for the shameless reuse of footage.
Acting:3/4 (Good)
Music:3/4 (Good)
Subjective Rating: 9/10 (One of my favorites, 4/4 (Great) [edit: 5/4]). Completely delightful from start to finish. I think this might be my second favorite Disney movie (after Winnie-the-Pooh).
Objective Rating (Average):3.4/4 (Very good) [edit: 3.5/4 (Very good)]

No comments:

Post a Comment