May 16, 2009

The Incredible Hulk

Title: The Incredible Hulk
Year: 2008
Director: Louis Leterrier
Writer: Zak Penn
Starring: Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, William Hurt, Tim Blake Nelson
Music: Craig Armstrong
Length: 112 minutes
Synopsis: super-soldier experiment gone wrong on the run
How I saw it: on video (rented from Netflix), February 2009
Subjective Rating: 5/10 (Indifferent).
Objective Rating: 2/10 (gets points for dialog and acting) c. 1.7/4 (Eh).

Bah. From what little I know about the Hulk, I've never understood how you could possibly make an interesting story with the character. The first fifteen or twenty minutes of this movie hint at some possibilities, but they're quickly abandoned for the typical over-produced, CG-happy "action" I've come to expect from Marvel movies. I haven't seen the earlier Ang Lee movie, and if it's actually worse than this one, I guess that makes me very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment