April 5, 2011

Brave Little Tailor



Data
Title: "Brave Little Tailor"
Year: 1938
Length: 9 minutes
Director: Bill Roberts
Starring: Walt Disney
Music: Albert Hay Malotte
Oscars: nominated for Best Animated Short
I saw it: on video (The Sword in the Stone bonus feature), a couple days ago
Synopsis: a tailor finds himself appointed Royal Giant Killer

My reaction
Concept:3/4 (Good)
Story:2/4 (Indifferent)
Characters:2/4 (Indifferent)
Dialog:2/4 (Indifferent)
Pacing:2/4 (Indifferent)
Cinematography:3/4 (Good)
Special effects/design:3/4 (Good) Although, some continuity issues really bother me.
Acting:3/4 (Good)
Music:3/4 (Good)
Subjective Rating: 5/10 (Indifferent, 2/4 (Indifferent)). I guess I can see the appeal; Mickey's a pretty cute little guy. Doesn't do anything for me, though.
Objective Rating (Average):2.5/4 (Okay)

No comments:

Post a Comment