September 22, 2009

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

I'm playing with my format a little. Not sure if I want to keep the change - let me know what you think.

Doctors Jones

Data
Title: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Year: 1989
Length: 127 minutes
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writer: Jeffrey Boam; story by George Lucas & Menno Meyjes; characters by Lucas & Philip Kaufman
Starring: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Denholm Elliott, Alison Doody, John Rhys-Davies, Julian Glover
Music: John Williams
Distinctions: Oscar for Best Sound Effects Editing; Oscar nominations for Best Score and Best Sound; currently #106 on IMDb's Top 250

My reaction
How I saw it: on video several times (have on DVD), most recently yesterday
Synopsis: Indiana Jones' father disappears while searching for the holy grail.
Concept: Good. Old-school adventure story, drawing on elements that made Raiders of the Lost Ark great.
Story: Good. The plot is largely just an excuse for action sequences, but it's tightly written and delivers everything the audience wants.
Characters: Great.
Dialog: Good.
Pacing: Okay. A few scenes have a kind of weird rhythm, but the movie as a whole moves quickly.
Cinematography: Okay.
Special effects/design: Good.  The creature effects at the end are pretty lame, but the movie has a great look to it in general.
Acting: Great.
Music: Okay. There are some bits I like, but Williams doesn't really take advantage of his classic theme music.
Subjective Rating: 8/10. Always good for an entertaining couple of hours.
Objective Rating: 10/10 3/4 (Good).

1 comment:

  1. I like the format. I like the notes on how things were judged and evaluated.

    ReplyDelete