February 16, 2013

Titanic

From my Best Picture Marathon, part 1 of 6.



Titanic, 1997. An engaged woman's fiance doesn't like her new boyfriend.

Written & directed by James Cameron. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet.

Concept: 2/4 (Indifferent)
Story: 1/4 (Bad)
Characters: 1/4 (Bad)
Dialog: 0/4 (Terrible)
Pacing: 2/4 (Indifferent)
Cinematography: 3/4 (Good)
Special effects/design: 3/4 (Good)
Acting: 3/4 (Good)
Music: 1/4 (Bad)
Subjective Rating: 1/10 (Eew get it away, 0/4). I hate this movie so much. At first, during the first hour or two, I was thinking it wasn't as bad as I'd remembered it. Terrible writing, but watchable. But then it keeps getting steadily worse. By the time we got to "I'll never let go," it was so awful it made me want to scream. I have watched many a bad movie, but I can't think of any others that are so bad they make me angry. Movies I don't like because they make me angry, sure, but movies that make me angry because I don't like them? It's a weird reaction. I mean, if it's a bad movie, why do I care enough to be angry with it?
Objective Rating (Average): 1.6/4 (Eh)

No comments:

Post a Comment