October 26, 2010

Nightmare Castle

part 7 of the Bad Horror Marathon



Data
Title: Amanti d'oltretomba
Year: 1965
Length: c. 90 minutes
Director: Mario Caiano
Writers: Mario Caiano & Fabio De Agostini
Starring: Barbara Steele, Paul Muller, Helga Liné, Laurence Clift
Music: Ennio Morricone [What, seriously? Everyone's credited under pseudonyms, so it's a weird surprise to find famous people listed in the IMDb.]

My reaction
Synopsis: a mad scientist tries to have his new wife declared insane so he can get the fortune she inherited when he murdered her sister
How I saw it: on video, yesterday (have on DVD)
Concept: Indifferent.
Story: Bad.
Characters: Bad.
Dialog: Bad. Honestly, I don't even remember. These movies are all blurring together. But it's dubbed, so it's probably bad at best.
Pacing: Bad.
Cinematography: Bad.
Special effects/design: Indifferent.
Acting: Bad. Again, dubbed.
Music: Indifferent.
Subjective Rating: 3/10 (Bad). It's frustratingly similar to The Ghost, only slightly less awful (but still awful). I suspect I'm rating it as highly as I am simply because this horror marathon has caused my standards to plummet.
Objective Rating: 1.3/4 (Bad).

No comments:

Post a Comment