October 19, 2010

I Bury the Living

part 1 of my Bad Horror Marathon



Data
Title: I Bury the Living
Year: 1958
Length: 76 minutes
Director: Albert Band
Writer: Louis Garfinkle
Starring: Richard Boone, Theodore Bikel
Music: Gerald Fried

My reaction
Synopsis: a man can kill by putting pins in a graveyard map
How I saw it: on video, yesterday (have on DVD)
Concept: Terrible.
Story: Terrible. Mostly it's just bad, but the failed attempts at twist endings push it over into terrible.
Characters: Terrible.
Dialog: Bad. Sometimes funny, but never intentionally.
Pacing: Bad.
Cinematography: Good.
Special effects/design: Good.
Acting: Indifferent. Boone is good. Bikel's accent is unintelligible.
Music: Good. There's some really great music, but it often works badly as a soundtrack.
Subjective Rating: 4/10 (Eh). Amateurish crap.  It's watchable, but there's no reason you'd want to.
Objective Rating: 1.5/4 (Eh).

No comments:

Post a Comment