March 22, 2010

Die Hard 2



Data
Title: Die Hard 2
Year: 1990
Length: 124 minutes
Director: Renny Harlin
Writers: Steven E. de Souza & Doug Richardson; based on a novel by Walter Wager
Starring: Bruce Willis, William Sadler, Dennis Franz
Music: Michael Kamen

My reaction
Synopsis: terrorists take control of airport traffic, and no one will listen to John McClane
How I saw it: on video (rented from Netflix), yesterday
Concept: Bad.
Story: Terrible.
Characters: Terrible.
Dialog: Terrible. A contender for Worst Dialog Ever.
Pacing: Terrible. It's not that it moves slowly - it's just that it's such crap that I was bored silly.
Cinematography: Terrible. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever actually given a "terrible" for cinematography before. I also didn't know that it was possible for lighting to be bad enough to get a laugh.
Special effects/design: Terrible. It's a freakin' action movie, people - this is really the only thing you needed to get right. Come on!
Acting: Bad.
Music: Indifferent. Most of the score is good, but the Christmas songs take it down a notch.
Subjective Rating: 2/10 (Terrible). You can have a few laughs at its expense, but that's about all it's good for. I watched two movies last night: this, and A Queen Is Crowned - two hours of tedious ceremony, parading, and PBS fund drives. A Queen was by far the more entertaining.
Objective Rating: 0.4/4 (Terrible).

No comments:

Post a Comment