June 21, 2010

Harvie Krumpet



Data
Title: "Harvie Krumpet"
Year: 2003
Length: 23 minutes
Director: Adam Elliot
Writer: Adam Elliot
Starring: Geoffrey Rush
Distinctions: Oscar for Best Animated Short

My reaction
Synopsis: the life of a strange man
How I saw it: on video a couple times, most recently yesterday (Mary and Max DVD bonus feature)
Concept: Indifferent.
Story: Indifferent.
Characters: Good.
Dialog: Great.
Pacing: Good.
Cinematography: Good.
Special effects/design: Good.
Acting: Good.
Music: Indifferent.
Subjective Rating: 9/10 (One of my favorites). On one hand, watching this immediately after Mary and Max (which does similar things but better), it doesn't seem nearly as great as I'd remembered it being. On the other hand, I can't imagine a time when I won't feel like watching it again.
Objective Rating: 2.9/4 3.0/4 (Good).

No comments:

Post a Comment