July 29, 2009

The Fall

more absorbant than the leading competitor

Title: The Fall
Year: 2006
Director: Tarsem Singh
Writer: Dan Gilroy, Nico Soultanakis & Tarsem Singh, based on a film written by Valeri Petrov
Starring: Catinca Untaru, Lee Pace
Music: Krishna Levy (and Beethoven)
Length: 117 minutes
Synopsis: a suicidal 1920's stuntman tells a story to an Indian girl
How I saw it: on video (rented from Netflix), yesterday
Subjective Rating: 6/10 (Okay)
Objective Rating: 10/10 c. 3.6/4 (Great)

It has a Baron Munchausen-y feel that made me really expect to and want to love it. It's pretty and interesting and well-made, but it just didn't do much for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you felt the same as I did. The movie is amazingly beautiful with some of the most original images I've ever seen in a movie (no computer generated effects at all), and the story was pretty good, but after it was over it just didn't get me like some movies do.

    ReplyDelete