December 14, 2013

site update

I'm making some changes to my rating system. It's essentially the same, but with the wording changed to (hopefully) make it less confusing. Here's a description, copied from my About page:

I give each title a grade (A, B, C, D or F) for each of the following aspects:
- concept
- story
- characters
- dialog
- pacing
- cinematography
- special effects/design
- acting
- music
- enjoyment (how much fun I had watching the movie)
and average them for a GPA on a 4 point scale.

In the "enjoyment" category, I allow for a grade of A+ (calculated as 5.0), meaning my favorite movies get an extra point.

The only big change in the new system is that the former "subjective rating" no longer has a unique 10 point rating system, and is now just another of the categories (renamed "enjoyment"). Which means my very-difficult-to-explain method of averaging the "subjective" and "objective" ratings (for my Favorites page and Directors page) is eliminated. The "GPA" is the movie's score, and that's the end of it.

It'll take a long while to update the Favorites page and Directors page. I'll post again to let you know when I'm done with that, on the off chance that anyone other than me cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment