August 3, 2010

The Professional

The Top 63 Marathon, part 30



Data
Title: Léon
Year: 1994
Length: 110 minutes
Director: Luc Besson
Writer: Luc Besson
Starring: Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, Natalie Portman
Music: Eric Serra (and non-original music)
Distinctions: currently #34 on the IMDb's Top 250

My reaction
Synopsis: an orphaned girl moves in with a hit man
How I saw it: on video (rented from Netflix), yesterday
Concept: Bad. Shouldn't this star Tom Selleck?
Story: Indifferent.
Characters: Great. Léon is the most lovable murderer ever.
Dialog: Bad. My wife tells me this isn't meant to be a comedy.
Pacing: Good.
Cinematography: Indifferent.
Special effects/design: Good.
Acting: Great.
Music: Bad.
Subjective Rating: 7/10 (Good). I just don't know what to make of this movie. I'm pretty sure it's good, and I'm definitely sure it's not great, but beyond that I'm baffled.
Objective Rating: 2.4/4 (Okay).

No comments:

Post a Comment