January 30, 2010

In Bruges

(update of a previous post - original is here)



Data
Title: In Bruges
Year: 2008
Length: 107 minutes
Director: Martin McDonagh
Writer: Martin McDonagh
Starring: Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes, Clémence Poésy
Music: Carter Burwell (and non-original music)
Distinctions: Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay; currently #185 on IMDb's Top 250

My reaction
Synopsis: two hitmen are on a forced vacation in Belgium
How I saw it: on video, twice (have on DVD), most recently yesterday
Concept: Great.
Story: Great.
Characters: Great.
Dialog: Great.
Pacing: Great.
Cinematography: Great.
Special effects/design: Great.
Acting: Great.
Music: Good.
Subjective Rating: 9/10 (One of my favorites). I don’t know what I can say about this movie without being misleading. That synopsis above? No, no good, doesn’t give you any idea what to expect. Just watch it.
Objective Rating: 3.9/4 4.0/4 (Great).

No comments:

Post a Comment